Thursday, March 8, 2012

WIP - Sara's Star

My friend Sara got married a few weeks ago, so of course I decided (after the wedding had already occurred, mind you!) that she and her new hubby needed a quilt.

Here's my progress thus far:

 Fabric choices - white, some Kona gray, green and blue, and tone-on-tone blue and gray prints.


 Molly likes helping me lay out the bits. It's a big star!


All pieced together.

Because I am rubbish at maths (as my British friends would say?), I ended up with enough fabric to make TWO roughly 80x80 quilt tops... so here's the heir and the spare, so to speak, both all put together.

I decided I didn't like it as a square, so I added a red border to two sides. (Don't these stars look neat on point, by the way? Maybe I'll have to figure out how to make one - the extra? - that way!)
 The quilt, all sandwiched and pinned...this is Wrench's favorite part. She LOVES snuggling up on unfinished quilts, much to the chagrin of my sewing machine! (I'm careful to use a lint roller first, if there's a ton of furries).

I've gotten about half of the quilting done on it so far. I've decided to keep it simple, with stitch-in-the-ditch and I'll add some extra here and there before I call it done. I think I want it to feel more like a comforter than something heavily quilted...also I'm lazy, so that works for that, too!

1 comment:

  1. Wrench is beautiful. You star quilt is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete